Through the eyes of a child
SEE HOW IT WORKS
Try a little experiment - press your eyelid lightly and you'll notice you'll have distorted your vision!
THIS IS THE BASIC SCIENCE BEHIND ORTHOKERATOLOGY!
The Chinese discovered this science over 2000 years ago BC – they slept with tiny silk filled pouches filled with sand on their eyelids – and woke up less Short Sighted!
See what makes us different!
WHAT IS ORTHO-K or OVC - OVERNIGHT VISION CORRECTION ?
Ortho-K OVC is a way to correct short sight without glasses, daytime contact lenses or as an alternative to laser vision correction. Custom designed overnight contact lenses are worn while sleeping and then removed each morning for perfect natural vision. The science behind overnight vision correction is called Orthokeratology which has a long been established.
HOW DOES IT WORK ?
In shortsighted people the eye ball is too long. Ortho-K overnight contact lenses and act like a jelly mould to gently flatten the cornea by less than a hairs width. This is sufficient to alter the angle at which the light enters the eye so that it focusses correctly on the retina rather then in front of it. Because the cornea is elastic it will retain the corrected shape for at least 36 hours. The lenses must be worn each night to maintain the effect.
WHO IS SUITABLE ?
At THE ORTHO K PRACTICE we can fit those with a prescriptions up to -10.00D and -1.50D of astigmatism - thats around 90% of all short sighted people (-2.50 of astigmatism in lower errors). There is no age limit - overnight contact lenses are suitable for children, with some as young as six wearing them. Short-sight is inherited and the latest research into orthokeratology has indicated that if children are fitted with overnight contact lenses as soon as the problem is detected they can help to stop future prescription increases. This also means that an adult prescription in unlikely to get worse while using overnight vision correction.
PERFECT VISION 24/7 - ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT
With overnight vision correction you can see while wearing your overnight lenses but more importantly when you take them out. Imagine being able to see the alarm clock without having to search for your specs! Sleeping in contact lenses is normally not advisable but iGO overnight corrective contact lenses are made of special high oxygen permeable material and are especially designed for sleeping in.
WHY CHOOSE OVERNIGHT VISION CORRECTION ?
It's a great halfway house between laser vision correction and conventional glasses and contact lenses. You will appreciate the benefits of natural daytime vision for lots of everyday activities. You don't need to invest in spare glasses or special prescription sports eyewear and you can also choose any kind of fashion sunglasses right off the shelf.
- To get rid of glasses - Glasses ruin peripheral vision, get dirty, lost and are forever slipping down the nose.
- For dry eyes - Contact lens wearers especially those who work for long periods on a computer and in air-conditioned offices often suffer from tired uncomfortable dry eyes. iGO overnight contact lenses are great for dry eyes.
- For sports - Conventional contact lenses for sports are better than glasses but nothing beats natural vision. Water sports and outdoor sports enthusiasts will benefit from overnight vison correction contact lenses.
- For reading - If you are shortsighted in your 40's and now find that you struggle with reading, iGO monovision could be the way to avoid reading glasses
- For children - Children can wear contact lenses too. For perfect eyesight in the classroom, the playground, for sport and to control myopia; overnight vision correction provides major benefits for children.