Through the eyes of a child
SEE HOW IT WORKS
Try a little experiment - press your eyelid lightly and you'll notice you'll have distorted your vision!
THIS IS THE BASIC SCIENCE BEHIND ORTHOKERATOLOGY!
The Chinese discovered this science over 2000 years ago BC – they slept with tiny silk filled pouches filled with sand on their eyelids – and woke up less Short Sighted!
See what makes us different!
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN AT AN APPOINTMENT?
Ortho-K OVC is a sophisticated treatment involving a custom-designed lens, specialist opticians and the latest computerised diagnostic equipment. The treatment is progressive and whilst results are fast - 70% correction is achieved in one night - everyone is different so it can take up to one month to complete the treatment. However because you are "overcorrected" by your Ortho-K optician to ensure your vision lasts 36 hours after removing your lenses, within a week you will have good natural vision.
Once you experience the liberating feeling of natural vision you will wish you had chosen Ortho-K OVC sooner!
- Initial Consultation - This lasts about an hour and includes all the usual things involved in an eye test. There are also a few extras - the curvature of your eye is measured and the surface of your eye is mapped using a corneal topographer. Your custom-designed lenses can be then be ordered.
- Fitting Appointment - When your custom-designed precision manufactured lenses arrive we will show you how to apply, remove and care for them.
- Follow-up Appointments - Designed to ensure you are reaching the 20:20 vision correction target and that this is maintained for the full day and evening.
- Will return for your first check after your first night sleeping in them.
- A week later you will return to see us not wearing your lenses. This is normally a morning appointment to check your additional prescription improvement and to answer any further questions you might have. 90% of target vision correction will normally have been achieved at this point.
- A month later you will attend a final appointment not wearing your lenses to confirm that the treatment is successfully completed.
- After this your visits will be 6 monthly
- Aftercare - Ongoing eyecare checks and new lenses are supplied every 6 months as part of your aftercare plan. OVC is a treatment and it is essential that ongoing checks are carried out to ensure that the health of your eyes is maintained. Lenses are regularly renewed because they lose there effectiveness over time due to wear and tear and build up of micro deposits. Unlike many Specialists, at The Contact Lens Practice we carry out a full internal Eye Exam every 12 months. Elsewhere this only usually done every 2 years.
Every year we recommend a 3D Ocular Coherence Tomographer Eye Scan. Costing over £70,000 few Opticians and not all Eye Hospitals have one, but like the MRI scan for the body, it can diagnose eye disease long before possible any other way. There is a supplementary charge for this procedure - click here for full details of our 3D OCT